AutoVU ™ provides a mapping interface to graphically depict the location of each meter along a meter reading route and instantly verify each reading. AutoVU uses precise locating and mapping technology made possible by existing low earth orbiting Global Positioning Satellites, enabling the drive-by RadioRead AMR user to reduce meter reading time and associated costs.
- Provides GPS based mapping interface to graphically depict the location of each meter along a meter reading route and instantly verify each reading
- Uses precise locating and mapping technology made possible by existing low earth orbiting GPS
- Meter locations along each route can be optionally set by the utility to change color or disappear from screen as each meter reading is successfully collected.
- The on-screen map automatically shifts position when used with the GPS system, keeping the meter reading vehicle location "positioned" on the map as it travels along the meter reading route.
- Provides ability to include map layers (water, street names) when the maps are displayed.
- Shortens meter reading time and helps reduce costs
- On-screen instant reading verification helps eliminate the need to re-drive the complete meter reading route to obtain reading which may have been missed.
- Helps eliminate guesswork in establishing the most efficient routes for radio based meter reading
- Alerts the m ether reader of high and low reading limit discrepancies and low battery signals
- Non-radio equipped meters can be depicted on the digital route maps to alert the used that manual or special readings are required at specific locations.
- Reading route statistics are saved and displayed as the routes are loaded and being read.