The A3 ALPHA® meter uses Elster's patented digital measurement techniques that offer high accuracy, repeatability, and low ownership costs.
Building upon standard meter design that includes form consolidation, voltage and class consolidations, 0.2% accuracy class meters, functional scalability and standard two week lead times, the A3 ALPHA meter is available in single phase and polyphase form factors.
The A3 ALPHA meter is a communications platform, and it can be easily integrated into a variety of automated meter reading (AMR) and advanced metering infrastructure (AMI) solutions, including Sensus FlexNet.
Additional features include:
- Fully integrated with Sensus FlexNet solution
- fully programmable
- pre-programmed at the factory
- wide operating ranges for voltage, current, and temperature
- complete ANSI C12 protocol capable
- over 50 displayable instrumentation values including:
- average power factor
- high accuracy internal clock
- polycarbonate enclosure
- easily upgradeable through software and optional hardware
- factory-installed lithium battery (for TOU meters)
- easy access battery
- advanced four-quadrant metering
- basic load profiling with up to 8 channels
- instrumentation profiling with up to 32 channels
- 128 KB of main circuit board memory
- transformer and line loss compensation
- power quality monitoring
- three-phase power supply (called the “AnyPhase power supply”)